MYTH Meeting Minutes

MYTH Meeting Notes (February 2018)

MYTH Meeting Notes 2-8- 18

Present: All teams were represented.

Roll Call: All 4 board members were present. Team Reps
Mite: Tim and Ally
Squirt: Fisher and Joy
Peewee: Imre and Ron
BNA Red: Badger, Bazant
BNA White: Jenkins, May
BNAA Keri Wessel
16: Moschella, Stowe
18: Richards, Halleck

Board Vote:
Casey Rodgers: Has served for 5 years, nobody else interested at this time in running for treasurer.
Karen Nicholson: Asked for anyone interested in running for secretary next year as her term will be over. Could use help with the website so please contact her to help if interested.
Doug Walters: Spoke on the importance of keeping good coaching and growing our programs.
Scott MacIndoe nominated himself for president.

Vice president speeches:
Tim Boyle spoke on increasing accountability, coaching, team selection and building the program.
Eric Wessel spoke on turning over the board next year, the need for keeping our program strong to compete with the other rinks, good coaches, and training.

Votes were tallied and the board was all voted in

President Doug Walters
Vice president Eric Wessel
Treasurer Casey Rodgers
Secretary Karen Nicholson

Committee Reports:
Robin States spoke on our new Yearbook project and she is still taking orders. She also is busy planning the end of year banquet, the flyer is on the website so sign up and she has a table set up outside.

Fall tryouts will be held the first week of June. Our spring program is set up and the details are also on the website.

Questions: There were many discussions on building our Mite and Squirt programs and helping to transition them from half ice to full ice as well as coaching and communication. The board will work on these important items this year. Gillian Stowe agreed to help with this since she is in her 9th season here. Also discussed better communication with team managers, more coaches on the ice, building our website, and recruiting from our ADM and rec programs.

Motion to adjourn: Wessel

MYTH Meeting Notes (January 2018)

MYTH Meeting Notes 1-11- 2018

Present: All teams were represented
Roll Call: Karen, Doug, and Eric were present. Team reps were
Mite A Tim Boyle
SQ nobody
PWA Ron Javate, Tim
BNA Chase Keri Wessel, Michele Badger
BNA Larry Jenkins and May
BNAA Keri Wessel
16A Mike Moschella
18AA Karen Nicholson

Approval of Minutes: Minutes approved by Wessel and Badger

Treasurers Report: Casey could not attend as he had a work event. Doug reports that 96 of 137 have paid in full. We will send out info to team managers to get this paid up. We need 49,000$ more and we will keep kids off the ice if needed. Spring Season We will have spring training similar to what we did last year starting March 12-May 21. We are also putting together some games. Flames tryouts will be first week of June
and the schedule will be out mid-Feb for this. We will also have a Monday night middle school program Jan 22-April3. 250$ per player, 200$ goalies. Go to Ellentonice.com to register.

Safe Sport Update Mike Moschella reports that 100% of our
coaches have taken training.

MYTH Elections will take place Feb 8 at 6:30. Tim Boyle will
run for VP.

VP Report: Eric states we don’t know coaches yet for next season, will let you know ASAP

2004 Bantam AA will be Freddie, Chuck, and Pastujov
2003 will be Bafia
18’s Freddie
Freddie is also working on putting together a girls U16 program

Motion to adjourn: Badger, Wessel

MYTH Meeting Notes (August 2017)

Present: All teams were represented.

Roll Call: All board members were present

Quorum: A quorum was determined.

Approval of Minutes: The minutes from February were approved by Casey Rodgers and Kim Walters.

Treasurers Report: Thanks to Kim Walters for her help during tryouts, we were able to get 125 players committed and 47 paid in full. 55 players still need to be set up on FreshBooks.

17 players have made no payments thus far. Please contact Casey to make arrangements to pay fees.

There is $177,000 in our bank account. We will be paying SAHOF 37,000 and need to pay ice and coaches. We are in good financial shape. We have a $40,000 surplus from last year but we will eat into this as we have one less team this year.

Presidents Report: Congratulations to Coach Tyler Watkins, he has been appointed to the SAHOF Board.

There are 2 rule changes for this season.

1. 14U teams with 12U players are ineligible for district and national tournaments.

2. There is no longer icing on penalty kills for 14U and down age group. New Business: Pictures will be taken the week of Sept 18, we are using the same company as last year.

We will continue with goalie training program with George. He will be at 1 team practice per week. Monday-SQ, U18

Monday-SQ, U18
Tuesday- 16A and PWA
Wednesday- Bantam A Larry and Bantam AA
Thursday-Mite and Bantam A Chase.

Practice times and off ice are:
Mite: Mon 5:45-6:45 ice
Thurs 5:45-6:45 ice and 7-7:45 Off ice on roller rink
Squirt: Mon 6-7 ice, 7:15-8 strength and conditioning
Thurs 5:45-6:45 ice and 7-7:45 off ice on roller rink.
PWA: Tues 7-8 ice and 7:15-8 strength and conditioning
Thurs 6:45-7:45 ice, and 5:45-6:30 off ice on roller rink
Bantam A Larry: Wed 6-7 ice and 7:15-8 strength and conditioning
Thurs 6:45-7:45 ice and 5:45-6:30 off ice on roller rink
Bantam A Chase: Tues 6:45-7:45 ice and 8-8:45 strength and conditioning.
Thurs 7-8 ice and 6-6:45 off ice on roller rink.
Bantam AA: Mon 7-8 ice and 6-6:45 off ice on roller rink
Wed 7-8 ice and 6-6:45 strength and conditioning
16: Tues 8-9 ice and 6:45-7:30 off ice roller rink
Thurs 7-8 ice and 8:15-9 strength and conditioning
18: Mon 8:15-9:15 ice and 7-7:50 strength and conditioning
Thurs 8-9 ice and 6:45-7:35 strength and conditioning

The second off ice this season will be held on the roller rink and will be an extra charge of 264$ per child for the entire season and this will go through MYTH. They will work on passing, stickhandling etc.. wearing shoes on the roller rink. There is a tournament discount through My Hockey Tournament. If we send 2 teams we get 20% discount, 3 teams 40% and the 4 th team 60%. The 16’s are registered for Columbus day in Coral Springs FL already.

The Board for MYTH is appointed and voted in by the members. Each team also has 2 team representatives and they are appointed by their team. This group is responsible to vote on Myth matters.

The reps are:
Squirt- Andy Fisher and Keith Joy
PW- Mike Moschella and Rod Javate
BNA Chase- Keri Wessel and Michelle Badger
BNA Larry-TBD
BNAA-TBD
U16-Vance Grover and Paul Morin
U18-Cheryl Richards and Jeff Garr
We need the team mangers for the other 2 teams so please give us their 2 reps ASAP.

Labor Day Tournament will cost 1495$ for Bantam and Midget. 1395$ for Squirt and PW. We will pay in full and decide later about rebates and volunteer responsibilities.

The Silver Stick Nation Annual Meeting will be held here in June 2018. Casey has been working on securing and organizing this event. He arranged many details such as transportation, hotels etc.. He got Manatee County Convention and Visitor Bureau to give $5000. Silver Stick will pay 10,000 and we’ll pay 5,000.

MYTH meetings will be held the first Thursday of every month at 6:30 Dates scheduled are Sept 7, Oct 5, Nov 2, Dec 7 and the annual meeting and election will be held on Feb 1.

Motion to Adjourn: Keri Wessel and Daniel McCarthy

MYTH Meeting Minutes October 2015

Date: October 13, 2015

Present: All teams were represented with over 28 attendees. See attached sign in sheet for attendance.

Roll Call: All members of the board were present.

Quorum: A quorum was determined.

Approval of Minutes: The minutes from February were approved by Trish Knight and Kerry Wessel.

Treasurers Report: We have collected 122,000 of 170,000 due. Schedule is to have all paid by early December. Fees are $2200 for A players, $2600 for AA and 3,000 for U 18. Goalies pay half.
The new system for fresh books is almost set up. You will be able to pay online. Payments can be made to Casey on Tues and Thursdays. There is a box behind the front desk or a team manager can take credit card payments in the pro shop.
We have a balance of 90,000 in account, we will pay for ice and this includes the silver stick deposits.
Our year end is June 30 and taxes will be filed on time Nov 15.

Continue reading

Safesport

gcfsafesport@gmail.com

Home & Affiliates

ellentonice-logo

usahockey

sahof-logo